AshEdit is a map editor for 2D games. It has been used as an in-house tool for many b1stable/Nooskewl games. It saves a very simple binary map format that is easy to load.
AshEdit has lots of tools for editing maps, including most of the fundamental features of a sprite editor.
- Multiple map layers and tile sheets
- A pencil tool for drawing tiles that can draw tile groups and pick tiles with RMB
- A fill tool with several options (clear fill, non-contiguous, test visible layers, fill with tile groups)
- A clear tool for clearing tiles (can clear all layers)
- A solids tool that toggles the walkable flag of a tile
- A clone tool that clones from the tile sheet
- A tool for moving tiles between layers
- Full-featured rectangular and magic wand selection (add, subtract, non-contiguous, test visible layers,) copy & paste
- Macro recording/playback
- Undo/redo for all operations
- Scaling from 1x to 10x
- Resizable map/sheet panels
- Adjustable tile size
- Screenshot saving
- Fast hardware accelerated drawing
- And more...