Crystal Picnic is a lighthearted and colorful tribute to the classic era of action RPGs! Join a sarcastic gardener and a wannabe knight as they journey across the kingdom chasing after ants who stole magic crystals from the castle. Oh, and did we mention the ants have gone mad because they're EATING those crystals? Yeah, that makes things much more unpredictable! Hours of exploration, mesmerizing platform-style combat, plenty of new friends to meet and loads of wacky enemies to encounter. When you fight chubby birds and ants carrying bazookas, you know you're in for a good time!
Some cool features of the game are:
- Real-time battles
- Lots of RPG elements (equipment, stats, etc...)
- A humorous story in a unique setting
- Tidy pixel graphics
- A great soundtrack
- Small download size
Playable in English, French, German and Korean.
Recommended for teens and up.
A PC with...
- 800 MHz CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 256 MB GPU
- 20 MB of storage space
- Windows XP+ or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS+
- Android 4.4+ (supports Android TV and Chromebooks)
- The sountrack by Zoe Coleman is available on Bandcamp
- Crystal Picnic Adventures is a novel based on the game, by John Bardinelli
- Desktop backgrounds of some of the game's characters are available
- Source code is available on our Bitbucket server
- Discuss the game on the Crystal Picnic forum
- A walkthrough is available
- The FAQ answers some questions
- Members of the press can find further resources here